Business Products and Tools and Telephone Coaching
San Rafael, California 94901
How to Start a Pet Sitting Business
Merchant Account Services
ACCEPT Credit Cards using your cellphone
Clients include:PSI, PUPS, Mary Kay Cosmetics, Herbalife and others
Pet Sitter Directory & Startup Kit, including forms, marketing items, tools, support, and more.
Charities for Pet Sitters
Discussion Groups for Pet Sitters
- About Pet Sitting (APS)
- Canadian Pet Sitters and Dog Walkers
- Georgia Network of Professional Pet Sitters (GNPP)
- Professional Pet Sitting
- Pet Pro
eCards (Pet Related)
- New Pet eCards from 123Greetings.com
First Aid Training for Pets
- American Red Cross Pet First Aid
Hotels with Pets
Required Reading for Pet Sitters
||Cat Owner’s Home Veterinary Handbook
by Delbert G. Carlson, James M. Giffin
- Signs and Symptoms Index
- emergencies, in alphabetical order
- Authors’ collective experience of over 50 years
- Over 200 Illustrations
- Every problem from Pediatrics to Geriatrics
- Behavior and training
- tables on vaccinations, drugs, antibiotics, etc.
|This newly revised and expanded edition of Cat Owner’s Home Veterinary Handbook was a classic in its first edition. Includes how to give pills and other medications, how to take a cat’s temperature and how to apply bandages. This book is required for Level I Certification by the National Association of Professional Pet Sitters (NAPPS). Get it here cheaper!
|Pet First Aid: Cats and Dogs
by Bobbie Mammato
- Emergency procedures for CPR, choking, bleeding, trauma, poisoning
- Non-emergency topics related to pet care
- Putting together your pet’s first aid kit
- How to have a healthy and happy pet
- Causes of an illness or injury
- Comprehensive index
- Extensive ilustrations
|Pet First Aid was written and reviewed by veterinarians. This 110-page book is a must-have for any pet owner or pet care professional.
||The Complete Pet Bird Owner’s Handbook
by Gary A. Gallerstein
- selection, training, nutrition, grooming, healthcare, breeding
- coping with death
- diseases & health disorders: signs & treatments
- “home physicals” & emergency care
- environmentally friendly birdkeeping
- parrot conservation
- recipes for home-cooked bird foods
|This excellent resource for bird owners, breeders, and veterinarians is written by a veterinarian and is suitable for the public and veterinarians.
|Dog Owner’s Home Veterinary Handbook
by James M. Giffin, Lisa D. Carlson
- Index of Signs and Symptoms
- Emergencies (such as burns, dehydration, & poisoning)
- Worms, infectious diseases, skin care
- Canine eyes, ears, & nose.
- Digestive, respiratory, & circulatory systems…
- dog sex, whelping, puppy pediatrics…
- cancers & medications
- flea prevention
- vaccine protocols
- puppy socialization and training
|This highly-recommended 537-page book was written by veterinarians. This book is required for Level I Certification by the National Association of Professional Pet Sitters (NAPPS). Get it here cheaper!
||Pet Sitting for Profit : A Complete Manual for Professional Success
by Patti J. MoranPatti Moran updates and expands the highly successful 1993 version for the booming field of pet sitting. This book is designed for people at all levels of experience. A must read for anyone in the field, and recommended by most pet sitting organizations.